Morningside Church is currently seeking a Lighting Director/Gaffer/Camera Operator to join our team. This person should have 4-5 years of experience in Broadcast Lighting and Camera.
* The Lighting Director position will be responsible for working with the Director on designing, programming, and adjusting all lighting.
* Assists in technical operation for broadcast shows and events, specifically operating the lighting console, camera, and camera ccu
* Take on roles of a gaffer and camera operator when needed
* Manage lighting and grip departments
* Lead a team of Grips and PA's to light sets
* Inventory and order equipment as needed
* Teach PA's and media interns
* Assist with lighting special segments, interviews, on location, and commercials.
* Camera operation skills
* Some camera engineering is a plus
* Must have a clear knowledge and understanding of computerized lighting consoles
* Knowledge of all lighting and grip equipment specific to venue to include static and moving lights
* Oversees and coordinates the proper maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting of all show lighting
* Must have the ability to endure long periods of sitting and standing
* Experience in set design and construction a plus
Education: Previous lighting experience: minimum of 4-5 years in broadcast or film
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative support, assistant, asso, associate, front office, operational assistant, operational support, operations director