- Research Medical Center
- $63,300.00 -86,420.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
1297 Forrester Rd
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN) Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant - FT Days
Come join the RMC/ Sarah Cannon Team! In 2018 the Sarah Cannon Team performed more than 1,100 transplants.
*Relocation assistance of $5,000 and sign-on bonus of $15,000 available for experienced RNs!
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties.
Are you looking for a place to make a difference with a healthcare system that offers the best resources to not only the community, but also its employees? Apply here today!The Top 3 Reason s Employees love working in the Inpatient Oncology:
- Great Leadership Support
- Great Work Environment
We offer a Competitive Benefits package including:
- On-Site Daycare
- Onsite Gym with pool
- FREE Covered parking
Research Medical is a Comprehensive Stroke Center,
Level 1 Trauma Center, and achieved Pathways Designation in 2016.
Learn more about working at Research Medical Center where above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life:
Recently named America s Coolest City.Learn more about living in KC.
About Research Medical CenterRoles & Responsibilities:
Research Medical Center has served Kansas City and the surrounding area since 1886 and those years have allowed the 590-bed facility to put down meaningful roots in a community that depends on its acute and outpatient medical care services.
The hospital, which offers medical and health clinic services across three Kansas City locations, including the main campus on Meyer Boulevard, the Research Medical Center Brookside Campus on Rockhill Road and Research Psychiatric Center, a Campus of Research Medical Center on 63rd Street. Research Medical Center features a broad range of highly specialized, state-of-the-art services including a Level I Trauma Center; Neuroscience Institute; Level 1 TCD-designated Stroke Center and the region s first Accredited Primary Stroke Center; TIA Clinic; Grossman Burn Center; Liver and Pancreas Institute of Kansas City; the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Research Medical Center; Obstetrics; Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; Transplant Institute; and Orthopedics, among others.
Although Research Medical Center receives awards and prestigious recognition from The Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and other high-profile organizations, we don t rest on them instead, our team members put excellence into action.
Research Medical Center, as part of HCA MidAmerica, does much more than just make an impact on patient lives and the community it serves. Our culture is founded on HCA s tenets of innovation, high-quality care, mutual respect and collaborative teamwork. Our hospital offers career opportunities that challenge, embrace and transform lives. And the unwavering dedication to deliver world-class healthcare is a two-way street: Research Medical Center is committed to its employees and, in turn, employees are committed to its patients and loved ones.
Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)is an acute care unit where you will deliver phenomenal care for adult hematologic-oncology, autologous and allogeneic blood and marrow transplantation patients, and patients receiving CAR T-cell therapy. In this role, you will be asked to provide the following services:Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management, including investigational protocols
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management, including investigational protocols
- Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
- Management of patients with radiation implants, central venous access devices and spinal drains
- Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
- Management of toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation therapy and neutropenia/ thrombocytopenia/ anemia
- Antibiotic/Medication therapies
- Autologous and Allogeneic Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Bone marrow harvest recovery
- Pain Management and telemetry monitoring
If you find this opportunity to improve the lives our patients compelling, we encourage you to apply. We will promptly review your application and if you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so you should apply today.
*Sign-on bonuses are based on qualifying criteria Current Employees not eligible - Please ask your recruiter for details.Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current state of Missouri RN licensure required.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills required.
- BLS certification required at hire and maintained.
- ACLS required within 6 months.
- Previous clinical experience highly preferred.
- Basic computer skills
Interested in learning more about this or other RN opportunities at
Research Medical Center?
Contact Megan at 816-###-####
Associated topics: ambulatory, care unit, ccu, coronary, intensive care, psychatric, surgery, surgical, tcu, transitional
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.