We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Provide professional instruction and programming for all facets of physical fitness including but not limited to, muscular strength and endurance, aerobic and anaerobic conditioning, functional movement, and mobility. Perform routine pre and post- exercise and performance testing, develops and prescribes individualized exercise programs in accordance with guidelines and
standards. Provides assistance and explains procedures to ensure the proper use of equipment and individual exercises. Performs inspection, calibration and maintenance of equipment. Assists in development of programming for all members. Maintains/establishes a clean working environment. Performs overall supervision of all strength and conditioning programs. Perform on-site biometric screenings with detailed knowledge of blood pressure, resting heart rate, waist measurement, body composition, grip strength, Functional Movement Screen, lab profiles specific to screening, and disease management. Complete wellness coaching training. Ability to teach group exercise classes on and off site. Ability to perform group presentations on a wide variety of topics including, but not limited to: nutrition, exercise, stress management, behavior and lifestyle change, disease management, etc. Facilitate community outreach in conjunction with other community organizations to provide an environment that supports a culture of health.Performs other duties as assigned. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards. Qualifications: Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
We'll Support You at Work and Home
- Education : Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or health related field.
- Experience : Minimum of three (3) years of combined education and work experience in related area. Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required.
- Certification/Registration : CPR/AED certified, ACSM, NSCA, NASM, NATA; other certifications accredited by NCCA may be considered. Must obtain FMS certification within 3 months of hire. Must obtain Phlebotomy certification within 12 weeks of hire.
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities : Must be professional, accountable, passionate, timely and have a motivating personality. Must be willing to work hard and make a commitment to the health and wellness program. Strong people skills, flexibility, and the ability to work in a multi-tasking environment. Experience and high comfort level working and communicating with various age groups. Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Requirements: Must be very adaptable and will to work odd hours. There will be occasional weekend work and travel required throughout the year.
- Other skills & knowledge : Equipment Used: Strength and conditioning equipment, Various forms of medical and clerical equipment for doing biometric screenings, including lab supplies and needles, blood pressure cuffs, FMS Assessment tools and other testing equipment. Presentation aids including Microsoft Office, computers & iPads, kettlebells, club bells, Indian clubs, etc.
- Preferred Education : Masters of Science in an Exercise or Health related field
- Preferred Experience : Two years experience in exercise science or related field specifically related to muscular strength and endurance, aerobic and anaerobic conditioning, functional movement, and flexibility.
- Two years experience in providing nutrition education and programming based on proven academic dietetic degree. Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Preferred Certification/Registration : In addition to those noted above HKC, RKC, SFG Kettlebell Level I or II, SFG Bodyweight, SFG Barbell, FMS Certified
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a \"\"top 100 places to work.\"\" We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We're proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills. What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Transforming the Health of Our Communities.
Mercy, named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2017 by Truven, an IBM Watson Health company, serves millions annually. Mercy includes 43 acute care and specialty (heart, children s, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, more than 700 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 40,000 co-workers and more than 2,000 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
Associated topics: aseptic technique, disease, health, healthcare, histology, immunology, injury, patient, protein, vaccine