The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our National IT End User Services (EUS) Messaging, Productivity and Mobility Operations team. The Software engineer will provide technology leadership and expertise for various aspects of the Federal Reserve Systems email and mobile device infrastructures, focused on providing sustained high availability and a positive customer experience. Undertakes complex projects requiring specialized technical knowledge. May assume project manager responsibilities. Coordinates with users to determine requirements. Assists with ensuring system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Provides systems engineering and support to the National IT EUS Messaging, Productivity and Mobility Operations teams ongoing objectives of enhancing the Federal Reserve System's access to mission critical services via wireless handheld devices including email, calendaring and related services as formalized in service level agreements.
- Works closely with technical staff supporting enterprise email, messaging and productivity applications, and other services delivered via this channel.
- Provides engineering support for the Exchange and AirWatch infrastructures. Documents, tests and executes reliable backup and contingency capabilities for the Exchange and AirWatch infrastructure, which fulfill System business requirements for business continuity.
- Assumes project management responsibilities, encompassing a team of 2 to 4 other EUS staff.
- Assists in the implementation of new technologies that offer opportunities to enhance and improve the FRS Messaging and Mobility offering in terms of devices, services and any associated infrastructure that is required.
- Maintains a thorough and up to date understanding of the FRS enterprise infrastructure supporting the delivery of email and wireless handheld services including network topology, server architectures etc.
- Interfaces with management, developers, architects, service desk staff, and end-users throughout the System while providing problem and change management support; periodically interacts with EUS vendors.
- Prepares and collaborates on end user documentation and guides.
- Works to continuously identify improvement opportunities spanning service delivery, customer experience, security etc.
- Performs all tasks and duties in a manner that supports the Bank's objective to produce error-free work and to provide high quality customer service. Must meet or exceed the service and quality performance standards or objectives for the assigned function. Leverage industry knowledge and research to provide feedback and input to management to help assess and plan future direction in the System infrastructure. Performs job duties and responsibilities in conformance with sound safety practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g.,Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science(CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and/or work experience.
- Typically requires four to eight years of relevant and progressive information technology experience directly related to the design and development of software solutions; with some experience in enterprise-class solutions.
- Three to four years of previous Exchange and AirWatch or other enterprise level secure Mobile Device Management administration experience is preferred. Combined minimum three to four years of previous Exchange and AirWatch or other enterprise level secure Mobile Device Management administration experience is required.
- AirWatch Certified Server Support Specialist certification, advanced Microsoft Office support experience and Microsoft PowerShell scripting experience is preferred.
- In depth understanding and expertise in the capabilities and operation of Mobile Device Management solutions Project Management skills.
- Expert-level knowledge of Apple iOS operating system and device models.
- Working knowledge of Android operating system and device models.
- Knowledge of communication and collaboration administration (Outlook/Exchange, Skype, SharePoint and/or GSX administration).
- Working knowledge with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) directory integration.
- Domain Name Service (DNS) and mail exchange record management knowledge.
- Working knowledge of authentication, identity, and access management technologies.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of clients and Information Technology management and staffs throughout the System is required.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the Bank recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and/or sexual orientation.