CHS has an exciting opportunity within our Processing and Food Ingredients Division. We are looking for a Maintenance Technician to do general maintenance throughout the plant. You must be self-motivated, has the desire to learn, and works well with others.
* Maintain all plant equipment and facilities as needed and as efficiently and timely as possible.
* Repair and perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to ensure the most efficient operation of the facility.
* Work with outside contractors in a professional manner to complete jobs in a timely manner.
* Wear eye protection at all times, wear hearing protection where needed, wear a hard hat for head protection and follow all safety rules.
* Work with fellow team members in a professional manner and promote a self directed and empowered workforce.
* Learn to identify problems on equipment and continually monitor equipment while going to and from job sites, and initiate appropriate repair processes.
* Report all parts used to ensure appropriate inventory of parts and equipment.
* Maintain all tools issued and monitor them as their own.
* Complete annual classes as required on Environmental, Health and Safety.
* Be on-call 24/7.
* Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Experience troubleshooting equipment, identify and complete appropriate repairs, and implement measures to prevent reoccurring maintenance problems
* Working knowledge of the operations, control, and functions of equipment and machinery
* Ability to climb ladders and work at heights up to 120ft
* Ability to stand, walk, and climb stairs continuously
* Ability to work in noisy, dusty, and all weather conditions
* Ability to be on-call 24/7
* Ability to work extended hours as needed
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
* Experience in a food production facility
Associated topics: automotive, calibrate, diagnose, field service, field service technician, maintenance mechanic, maintenance technician, malfunction, service technician, upgrade
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.