Under the supervision of the school principal, and in the absence of the assigned teacher, must be responsible for the instruction, progress, and discipline of all pupils in assigned classes: and performs related duties as required.
* Follows existing lesson plans to provide instruction to assigned students.
* Responsible for establishing positive learning expectations for all pupils.
* Establishes and maintains reasonable rules of conduct within the classroom and on school grounds, including, but not limited to, playgrounds, corridors, and lunchroom.
* Maintains accurate attendance records.
* Encourages student growth in self-discipline and positive self-concept; ensures fairness in teacher-pupil relationships and exhibits an understanding and respect for students.
* Utilizes appropriate resources available in the school.
* Participates in all safety drills that may occur during the school day.
A Missouri Language Arts (5-9) Certificate issued by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Pay rate: $100.00 per day
after 10 consecutive days in a long term assignment, Substitute will be moved to $120.00 per day starting on the 11th day of the assignment.
Associated topics: art history, classics, college of humanities, human geography, japanese, journalism, language, literature, m.div, victorian