For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in America's heartland. We pride ourselves on being resident focused, encouraging employees to make smart, responsible decisions that are in the best interest of individual residents.
Why belong with our Americare team?
Every employee company-wide is a valued part of the organization, dedicated to their commitment and passion of creating a person-centered home environment for each resident - truly making a difference in the lives they touch.
Each individual facility is a vibrant part of the communities they serve. While our resident benefits from industry leading care, our employees are offered competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit packages, flexible scheduling, free meals and a place they can belong.
We offer comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits. Our medical plans offer preventive care services, covered prescription drug benefits, and a large network of doctors and hospitals to help you and your family improve or maintain your health.
Our culture supports team members wherever they are on their health and well-being journey. We offer tools and resources such as Employee Assistance Program and Employee Relief Fund.
Paid Time Off
The flexibility of Paid Time Off (PTO) lets you set your own priorities. Use PTO for any number of your life events.
We encourage you to continue your professional development. Americare will reimburse you for eligible tuition for approved courses.
Our Maintenance Worker keeps nursing facility, surrounding buildings and grounds in clean and orderly condition and tends furnace, air-conditioner, and boiler to provide heat, cool air, and hot water for residents, performing any combination of following duties: Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums hallways, office space etc. Regulates flow of fuel into automatic furnace. Empties trash and garbage containers. Maintains building, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical, wiring, and other related maintenance activities, using hand tools. Replaces air-conditioner filters. Cautions residents and staff regarding complaints of excessive noise, disorderly conduct or misuse of property. Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or replacements to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment. Cleans snow and debris from sidewalk and grounds. Mows lawn, trips shrubbery, and cultivates flowers, using hand tools and power tools. Post signs to advertise vacancies and shows empty rooms to prospective residents or families if necessary .
* High school graduate and minimum age of 18 years of age
* Repair and perform routine maintenance of facility equipment.
* Maintain listing off all equipment within the facility with record of dates and preventative maintenance performed on all equipment as well as routine testing and lock out tag out.
* Painting as needed. Maintaining proper techniques while maintaining a safe environment and Providing MSDS sheets on all caustic chemicals. Monitor eye wash stations.
* Supervise or provide grounds maintenance. If contractors utilized, require insurance document.
* Ensure work area is clean, neat and safe and locked to prevent resident or staff injury.
* Ensure proper functioning of all emergency equipment, including but not limited to, emergency lights and batteries, emergency control panel, fire doors, exit doors, fire alarms, sprinkler system and fire extinguishers.
* See that facility is cleaned, mopped, buffed and waxed as needed and provide safe environment while providing service. Use wet floor signs etc.
Americare Senior Living is a drug-free workplace
Associated topics: backfill, building maintenance, crew, dig, laborer, maintenence, plant, podadore, pruner, resurface